Your quote request is empty!
As an environmentally responsible group we are committed to sustainability and actively seek greener ways to operate. Our procurement activities incorporate our sustainability goals in line with our company vision and values.
As a major UK furniture rental company, we explore purchasing options that minimises environmental impact and promotes sustainability. We look at purchasing second hand furniture to avoid landfill. Where items are not fit for hire, we work with charities to donate to good causes, schools and local authorities. Where possible, this will be local to ensure an environmental solution is delivered, with less furniture miles.
In circumstances where furniture cannot be donated, we provide an environmental recycling solution to avoid the use of landfill. Our skilled teams segregate the various raw materials which include metals, plastics, glass, fabrics, wood and chipboard and they get transported to an approved recycling centre. As part of our environmental commitment, we take active steps in reducing our carbon footprint. With this goal in mind, we have introduced electric vehicles to our fleet, which reduces harmful air pollution and as they’re so quiet noise pollution too. We also assess and take measures to control the environmental impacts of our day to day activities.
We are accredited to ISO 14001 Environmental Management, providing our clients with the assurances that we are working to the highest ‘green’ standards. We are also conscientious in ensuring the products we supply are sourced from environmentally responsible manufacturers only, who also hold ISO 14001. We also ensure our waste packaging is disposed in an environmentally friendly manner.
In order to meet these requirements, we will:• Monitor our use of energy, transport and natural resources with a view to reducing our impact on the environment
• Support process modifications and products that reduce pollution and waste and encourage recycling
• Maintain sufficient documentation to demonstrate compliance with the environmental requirements
• Work with our contractors and suppliers to promote positive environmental actions in accordance with our stated objectives
• Comply with all applicable environmental legislation and recognise other relevant requirements that may be placed upon us by our customers
• Assess, in advance where possible, environmental impact resulting from business operations and the environmental effects of any significant development, and adjust the company plans accordingly
• Ensure that all incidents and non-compliance situations are reported, recorded and route causes identified where environmental harm occurs or could have occurred and ensure that corrective and preventive actions are implemented
• Demonstrate our commitment to continual improvement by setting targets and objectives for our products and Company activities and review these measures on a regular basis
• Maintain an open communication environment, whereby, all employees can actively participate in the Environmental Management System. Managers and supervisors are encouraged to address employees’ questions and concerns promptly and thoroughly
• To communicate and provide the necessary information, instruction, supervision and training to enable all persons, affected by the Company undertakings, to carry out their environmental duties.